long time no talk =( I’m so very sorry! I started a new job, went traveling, and was uber busy with a million things in between including wedding season! But I’m back, and for good.
Today I wanted to take the time to talk to you about laser hair removal.
1) I’ve always suffered from extremely sensitive skin on my legs, which made shaving very difficult
2) I would bleed like a fountain from shaving!
3) I researched tons of options about laser hair removal, but always thought it was too pricy
1) I logged on to www.groupon.com and found an amazing laser hair removal deal there! $600 for full body laser hair removal, and 6 treatments.
2) I researched the company who was offering this deal, and found great in depth, honest reviews from patients.
3) I went for it!
I have only had one treatment so far, but I am already seeing great results! I am getting my whole body done, and that literally means every hair. I bought a numbing gel so subside the pain if there was any, and this really helped me. When I had a consultation, my skin burned and stung with the impact on the laser. However, after using the numbing gel, I did not feel anything except for tiny stinging sensations on sensitive areas of my skin such as the Brazilian area, ankles, and knees.
Things to Know Before you Go:
1) Everybody’s skin reacts differently. There have been a few cases where laser hair removal has caused hyper or hypo pigmentation
2) There might be pain, depending on your pain threshold
3) Every area of your body can be lasered without side affects. For example, getting the brazilian area done will not affect your chance of getting pregnant and will not cause birth defects
4) It takes about 6-10 treatments for all your hair to be gone
5) You might not see any results until the 3rd treatment
6) Pregnancy changes your hormones, and some of your hair will start to resurface during this time
7) Even after all your treatments, you might be left with very minimal hair that can be shaved off
8) During your 6 treatments, you are not allowed to wax, you can only shave the hair off
9) Light skinned, dark haired people make the best candidate
1) With the help of the numbing gel, I did not feel any pain except in my brazilian area, ankles, and knees
2) I was able to decide on all the areas I wanted done with no problems, the staff was friendly and engaging, and extremely helpful
3) After just one treatment, my underarms have stopped growing hair, and other areas of my skin is only growing back hair in patches
I will update you guys once I have a few more treatments!
Check out the links below for a nine month and two year update!