I recently purchased the Benefit waterproof “They’re Real Push- Up Liner” and I wanted to do a quick review. I went into Sephora looking for a matte black liquid eyeliner that stays in place. After trying out a few from Kat Von D, Stila, and a few others, the Sephora sales girl helped me find this one. We settled on it because it was the darkest one out of all that I swatched, but also because when I rubbed on it it didn’t budge and there was no feathering at all.
This eyeliner is a gel consistency one, not a liquid like I had originally intended on purchasing. The concept is what made me actually make the purchase- a gel in a pen form, rather than in a jar that you apply with a brush. It seemed more user friendly to me.
This eyeliner goes for $24.
After opening the twist off cap, there is a rubber tip exposed which is parted when the gel comes out. You have to twist the bottom to release the gel. The first time will take a while to release the gel, keep that in mind!
– darkest black I have seen in a while
– gel is a thick consistency so you don’t have to draw over a few times
– the tip makes it much easier to draw a cat eye
– more efficient than a jar and brush combo to draw on eyeliner
– very difficult to get off your eyes! Even days later you’re still taking off remnants of it
– can’t draw a thinner line than what I have shown in the above picture due to the size of the rubber head
– wastage can occur if you twist off too much (which you will in the beginning when you’re getting used to it)
– the rubber head can get clogged so there might be some clean up before using it
– pretty expensive. I would be more likely to buy this product if it was $16-$18
Overall Grade: B